March 9th, 2018

A day out geocaching with Charlie around
Kersey
, Lindsey, Groton, Boxford, Edwardstone, Sudbury, Great Cornard, Liston,
Long Melford
, Acton, Great Waldingfield, Little Waldingfield, Chelsworth and Monks Eleigh.

St Mary's Church, Kersey
Church micro 912.
Gillian and Charlie at the front porch to
St Mary's Church, Kersey
.
Patchwork altar frontal.
St Mary's Church, Kersey
Cross stitch kneelers.
St Mary's Church, Kersey
Centre hatchment is to a lady of the Thorowgood family. The arms
are borne on a rococo lozenge surmounted by a skull and surrounded by mantling.

St Mary's Church, Kersey
Rood screen dado with St Edmund the Martyr holding an arrow, two kings and three Old Testament prophets.
St Mary's Church, Kersey.
Medieval wall painting.
St Mary's Church, Kersey.
VS, Kersey
St James Chapel, Lindsey
Church micro 1214. DNF
Gillian and Charlie view inside
St James Chapel, Lindsey
Looking for a geocache near the tomb of The Winthrop family. John Winthrop (d 1649) was the leader of the Puritan emigration to New England in 1630. He founded the city of Boston and was the first governor of the state of Massachusetts.
St Bartholomew's Church, Groton.
Painted pipe organ. ‘Father’ Willis Model, 1888.
St Bartholomew's Church, Groton
Stained glass windows. Centre window by J. Cameron, London 1883.
St Bartholomew's Church, Groton.

The Fox and Hounds, Groton.
Charlie's mother's aunt was former owner of the pub.

VS, Groton
St Mary's Church, Boxford
Church micro 1229.
Stained glass window of the the Transfiguration, by Rosemary Rutherford.
St Mary's Church, Boxford
Painted pipe organ by Hill, 1875
St Mary's Church, Boxford.
Medieval wall painting.
St Mary's Church, Boxford
C14th north porch made from English oak.
St Mary's Church, Boxford
Quaint cottages of Boxford
VS, Boxford
The Fleece Hotel, Boxford
Reredos, 1910, by Cecil Greenwood Hare, partner to George Frederick Bodley.
St Mary the Virgin, Edwardstone
Stained glass windows
St Mary the Virgin, Edwardstone
Decalogue
St Mary the Virgin, Edwardstone
Stained glass window.
St Mary the Virgin, Edwardstone
Decalogue
St Mary the Virgin, Edwardstone
Gatehouse to Edwardstone Park leading to
St Mary the Virgin, Edwardstone
St Peter's Church, Sudbury
Church micro 2162.
Gainsborough Statue, Sudbury.
15th-century dado.
St Peter's Church, Sudbury.
Pipe organ built by Lewis & Co. 1911.
St Peter's Church, Sudbury.
15th-century dado.
St Peter's Church, Sudbury.
The carved reredos in the Lady Chapel, is a copy of Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper.
St Peter's Church, Sudbury
Lectern
St Peter's Church, Sudbury
Lower compartment of Lady chapel altar
St Peter's Church, Sudbury
Stained glass windows
St Peter's Church, Sudbury.
The Black Boy pub
Sudbury.
Gainsborough's House
Sudbury.
Vanners Mill silk factory, Sudbury.
Carved and painted C15th telescopic font cover.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
Carved and painted C15th telescopic font cover.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
Processional Banner.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
Stained glass windows.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
One of twenty late C15th oak misericords.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
Stained glass window.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
Painted ceiling with carved angels.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
One of twenty late C15th oak misericords.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
Ælfhun, Bishop of Dunwich.
St Gregory's Church, Sudbury.
Marker post for walking trail around Sudbury.

Click to Continue

Return to Main Index