INGELRAM DE LIONS.
The name is derived from the castle and forest of Lions in Normandy. Ingelram de Lions came to England in 1066 and held Corsham and Culington from the king. He had Ranulph, and another son William de Lions who received a grant in Norfolk from earl Walter Gifford and left descendants there. Ranulph had Ingelram de Lions named Parcar, from being forester of Croxton, Leicester, by exchange with the king. William Parcarius de Lion was a benefactor to Croxton abbey during the reign of Henry II and was brother of Hugh de Lion, who was deprived of his estates in 1203. From him descended the family of Parcar or Parker and earls of Macclesfield; hence also the lords Lyon and Glamis, earls of Strathmore and Kinghorn.
King George VI married lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, daughter of the earl of Strathmore.
--(This name appears on the Falaise Roll)