Williams men were unable to take London at this time and had to find an alternative crossing point of the River Thames. It is the wooden bridge that the rhyme London Bridge is Falling Down refers. Construction began on the rebuilding of London Bridge in 1176 and was completed in 1209. It was built in stone on the site of the earlier wooden bridges. It featured twenty stone arches and a draw bridge. This bridge remained the only bridge across the River Thames until 1739. The lower border animal with the long horns is a yale. It is the size of a horse, has the tail of an elephant and the jaws of a boar.