January 15th, 2018

A Church micro day around Blythburgh, Reydon, Southwold, South Cove, Wrentham and Wangford.

'Cathedral of the Marshes'
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Church micro 1740 DNF
Collared Bear with bell.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Lombardic lettering 1460-1480
"Ad Honorem Jesu Beati Sanctae Trinitatis
Maria et Sanctae Annae Hic Kancellus Reconstructus."
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh.
12 Angels adorn the roof of
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
'Angels of God'
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Carved bench end.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Maddonna and Child, 1997 by Peter Eugene Ball.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Organ by Bishop and Sons, 1951.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Carvings of the Apostles and the Evangelists, 1665
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Purbeck marble tomb chest to Sir John Hopton, 1489.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Traceried and crested canopy of the Sir John Hopton monument.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Late C17th
Jack o' the Clock.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh.
C15th revolving or Pidgeon Coop Lectern.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Painted Angel.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh.
Plain Chest Tomb.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh.
Late C15th 'Arca Domini'
(Chest of the Lord)
Peter's pence box.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh.
C15th nave benches with carved finials.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh.
Memorial window to Ernest Crofts.
Holy Trinity, Blythburgh
Beach huts at Southwold Pier
George Orwell by 'Pure Evil'
Southwold Pier
George III Royal Coat of Arms.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Hatchment.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Dado of the Rood Screen depicting 11 deciples and St. Paul.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Early C16 octagonal pulpit restored in 1928.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Chancel screen, c1480.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
C15 octagonal font with canopy by FE Howard, 1935.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Stained Glass.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
C15th Jack o' the Clock.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Bishops chair and Prie-dieu.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Pidgeon Coop Lectern.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Stained Glass.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Bishops chair and Prie-dieu.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Bishops chair and Prie-dieu.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Carved armrests.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Carved armrests.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Painted ceiling.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Organ, 1887 by J. W. Walker & Sons Ltd.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Altar frontal and reredos.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Stained Glass.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Edmund the Martyr.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
VS Blythburgh
Stained Glass.
St. Edmund's Church, Southwold.
Church of St Lawrence, South Cove
Church micro 1743 DNF
Stained glass.
Church of St Lawrence, South Cove
Pulpit.
St Nicholas Church, Wrentham
Elaborate monument featuring a large bronze angel.
St Margaret's Church, Reydon
Queen Anne Royal Coat of Arms
St Margaret's Church, Reydon
Stained Glass Windows.
St Margaret's Church, Reydon
Cross Stitch Kneelers.
St Margaret's Church, Reydon.
Altar Frontal and elaborately-carved stone reredos, 1875.
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford
Tiled floor
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford
Painted Organ
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford
C15th octagonal font
and canopy.
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford
Wall monument to John Rous, 1730.
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford
Reading desk and pulpit with elaborate inlaid work. Orignally part of a C17th structure at Henham Hall.
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford.
Lectern
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford
Reredos Roundels of the Four Gospels, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John
The church of St Peter and St Paul, Wangford

Return to Main Index