January 30th, 2018

Another day of geocaching around Campsea Ashe, Rendlesham, Eyke, Alderton, Hollesley, and Boyton.

Altar Rail.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Altar, reredos and stained glass window.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Tomb of Sir Gerard Lowther, 1916.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
C14th octagonal font with quatrefoils and blank arches.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Wall monument to James Lowther, died 1949.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Reredos detail.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Reredos detail.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Alexander Inglishhe, Rector 1504.
St John the Baptist,
Campsea Ashe.
Stained glass window by Powells, 1912.
St John the Baptist,
Campsea Ashe.
Stained glass window.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Faith and Hope by Henry Holiday.
Stained glass window.
St John the Baptist Church,
Campsea Ashe.
Stained glass.
St John the Baptist,
Campsea Ashe.
Cross Stitch kneelers.
St John the Baptist Church, Campsea Ashe.
George III Royal Coat of Arms.
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham
Altar frontal, 1972
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham
C15th octagonal font with 4 lions at stem and the 4 evangelist.
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham.
Pulpit parament.
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham.
Wine glass pulpit.
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham.
C14th recessed tomb of Rector John Chaperson, died 1349
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham.
Wall memorial to John, 2nd Baron Rendlesham.
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham.
Heraldic Ledger stones of Henry Spencer of London, 1731. Dame Ann Barker, 1754. John Spencer, 1709.
St Gregory the Great, Rendlesham.
All Saints, Eyke
Church micro 3825 DNF
West and east Norman Arches, decorated with colonnettes and zig zags.
All Saints, Eyke.
Winged Angels.
All Saints, Eyke
C15th octagonal font with lions at stem and the 4 evangelist.
All Saints, Eyke.
Painted pipe organ,
Noble 1878.
All Saints, Eyke .
Monumental Brass c.1420 representing John de Staverton and his wife.
All Saints, Eyke.
Monumental brass.
All Saints, Eyke.
The pulpit is a memorial to Reverend Darling.
All Saints, Eyke.
Medieval stained glass depicting St. Bridget feeding the beggars, and the arms of the Borough of Great Yarmouth.
All Saints, Eyke.
Stained glass memorial window to the Rector of the church, James George Darling, 1891
All Saints, Eyke.
Bench ends.
All Saints, Eyke.

Altar frontal.
St Andrew's Church, Alderton.

Square panels of flushwork showing crowned initials, shields, mouchettes within a circle and 4 circles within a circle.
St Andrew's Church, Alderton
Octagonal Font
St Andrew's Church, Alderton.
Cross Stitch Kneeler.
St Andrew's Church, Alderton.
George II Royal Coat of Arms.
St Andrew's Church, Alderton.
Pipe Organ, from Shottisham, pre 1930's.
Saint Mary's Church, Bawdsey.
Tomb of William Cuthbert Quilter, Baronet.
Saint Mary's Church, Bawdsey.
C19th Medieval Altar Frontal.
Saint Mary's Church, Bawdsey.
Cross Stitch Kneelers.
Saint Mary's Church, Bawdsey.
Mouth of the river Deben looking across to Felixstowe
Gillian at the mouth of the river Deben, Bawdsey
Mouth of the river Deben looking across to Felixstowe
Rusted sea wall at the mouth of the river Deben, Bawdsey
World War II geocache, Bawdsey
All Saints, Hollesley.
Church micro 2929
George II Royal Coat of Arms.
All Saints, Hollesley.
Bench Ends. Eight C15 benches with poppyhead finials and animal pinnacles to the arm rests and 32 C20th pews
All Saints, Hollesley.
Clock installed in 1985 in memory of local farmer Arthur Mortier.
All Saints, Hollesley.
Bench ends and Green man poppyhead. Carved in the 1950's by Henry Munro Cautley. The little fella with the big feet is a sciapod.
All Saints, Hollesley.
Stained glass window
All Saints, Hollesley.
Stained glass window
All Saints, Hollesley.
Octagonal Font contains Tudor roses and shields within quadrefoils. Holdich organ rebuilt by Cousans, 1928.
All Saints, Hollesley.
St. Andrew's church, Boyton
Church micro 1478
Norman Vestry Doorway.
Decorated with a triple range of chevrons.
St. Andrew's church, Boyton
Octagonal font set on four pillar base.
St. Andrew's church, Boyton
Stained glass window, 1828.
St. Andrew's church, Boyton
Snowdrops.
St. Andrew's church, Boyton
One of 12 storage igloos at Rock Barracks, RAF Woodbridge. Empty since 1994.
Ministry of Defence, Woodbridge.
Hollesley VS

Return to Main Index