November 16th, 2016

Family history around Ulcombe, Charing, Lenham and Harietsham

Family Headstones at Church of All Saints, Ulcombe
Church of All Saints,
Ulcombe
This yew tree existed before the birth of Christ
Church of All Saints, Ulcombe
Church of All Saints, Ulcombe
Octagonal Font
Church of All Saints, Ulcombe
Wall painting of St Michael defeating Satan
Church of All Saints, Ulcombe
Tapestry
Church of All Saints, Ulcombe
Wall painting of the Rich Man and Lazarus
Church of All Saints, Ulcombe
1. Monumental Brass to Sir William Maydeston d.1419
2. Stained glass window in memory of
James Hatch, bell founder of Ulcombe.
3. Painting of All Saints Church, Ulcombe
4. Monumental brass to John Saint Leger (1404-1442)
St Mary's Church, Lenham
Remembrance Day poppy display and
A. Town family connection.

St Mary's Church, Lenham
Richly carved Pulpit with Renaissance motifs,1574
St Mary's Church, Lenham
Albert Town family connection.
St Mary's Church, Lenham
Stained glass windows, St Mary's Church, Lenham
Technically the fact that Lenham is allowed a market, makes it a town but the community have always desired to maintain its village status.
Market Square, Lenham
Another geocaching lunchtime (2.15 pm). The village square, Lenham.
Workhouse Mortuary 1750's, Lenham

Various views of some of the listed buidings in Lenham Village Square.

Family connections
St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
Family connections
St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
Stained glass window
St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
Bottle family connection to
B bell Ringers.
St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
Finely-carved late C12th Norman font of Bethersden marble and chevroned stem
withlarge rope motif to bowl.
St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
Family connections, WW2 memorial, St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
Stained glass windows, St John the Baptist, Harrietsham
St Peter & St Paul's Church, Charing
White marble reredos veined with pink, and includes a white marble cross, ceramic tesserae depictions, and dark pink veined marble cabochons.
St Peter & St Paul's Church, Charing
Peirce House, Charing, Kent. C13th timber-framed
building originally used as almshouses.
Sherborne House, Charing, Kent. Mid C16th purpose built shop with accommodation.

Return to Main Index