Low Catton shown within the East Riding of Yorkshire
|OS grid reference|
|– London||170 mi (270 km) S|
|Unitary authority||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Ceremonial county||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Region||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|UK Parliament||East Yorkshire|
Low Catton is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 7 miles (11 km) north-west of the market town of Pocklington and about 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the village of Stamford Bridge.
In 1823 Low Catton church was under the patronage of the Earl of Egremont. In the village existed a grammar school with schoolmaster. Population at the time was 177. Occupations included nine farmers, a joiner, a shoemaker, and a curate. There was a yeoman, and the steward to Lord Egremont at Catton Lodge.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 8.